Connect with us


Thousands of households can apply for up to £300 free cash today – check if you can claim

THOUSANDS of households can apply for free cash worth up to £300 from today.

The support comes via the Household Support Fund (HSF) which is worth £421million.

Households in one part of England can apply for up to £300 of help from today

The money has been allocated to councils across England who then decide how to distribute it.

What you’re entitled to will depend on where you live, but in most cases the help is offered to low income families or those on benefits.

Thousands of households in Warrington, Cheshire, are set to receive £40 direct into their bank accounts before Christmas.

Meanwhile, households in York can get help worth up to £300 and residents in Guildford up to £400.

And from today, households in Tandridge, Surrey, can apply for help worth up to £300.

The exact number of eligible households for Tandridge is not known, but in most other council areas it’s usually in the thousands.

Single households will receive £100 and multiple residents in the same household will receive £300.

But you must hit certain criteria to be eligible. You must:

  • be over the age of 16
  • live in the Tandridge district
  • be in financial difficulty and struggling to meet the cost of essential items like food, fuel or energy bills for themselves or their dependents
  • not have already received a grant from the Household Support Fund

Tandridge Council is urging eligible households to apply quickly as the funding pot will close as soon as it’s been used up.

The council will tell you once a decision has been made and then payment will be made into your bank account via direct debit by the end of January 2023.

Households will need a number of personal details to hand when applying, including contact details, date of birth, National Insurance number and bank details.

You’ll need to upload three months of bank statements from September to November this year too.

You can apply on the council’s website, or call 01883 722000 if you don’t have access to the internet.

Who is eligible?

The main eligibility criteria for residents in Tandridge is that you have to be in financial difficulty.

But the council also wants to provide support to those who most need it, including:

  • residents with dependent children
  • residents with disability or health problems
  • households with at least one person who is receiving their state pension
  • lone parents
  • those who are, or are at risk of becoming, homeless including those living in temporary accommodation
  • survivors of domestic abuse
  • those leaving care or hospital
  • those facing an emergency crisis such as, a recent fire or flood

Am I eligible if I don’t live in Tandridge?

Yes. But what you’ll be entitled to will depend on where you live.

Each council is deciding how they allocate their portion of the fund and who to.

But, in most circumstances, the money is given to households receiving benefits or on low incomes.

Some councils distribute the cash automatically and in some areas you have to apply for help.

It might come via vouchers for food or as a simple bank transfer.

If you don’t know what council area you fall under, you can use the government’s locator tool on its website.

Then you can contact your local council to find out what help you might be in line for.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply


Must See


More in Money