WE rounded up the best destinations for Brits wanting to chase the sun this winter.
All the destinations – short and long haul – have an average temperature of 20C and over.
There are still some good deals around, starting from Â£299 for week-long stays – which works out at just over Â£42pp a night.
Here are the best winter sun destinations to visit:
Cyprus is one of the most southerly islands in the Med, so it’s a pretty safe bet for winter sunshine.
In December, temperatures are an average of 21ÂºC, with seven long hours of sunshine.
Things cool off a little in January, but they’re still pleasant enough to enjoy the beach and dinners al fresco with average highs of 18ÂºC.
The most popular resort is Paphos, which is only about a four-hour flight from the UK.
- 7 nights b&b at Elias Beach Hotel in Limassol in January 2023 – from Â£356pp
- 7 nights half-board at King Evelthon Beach Hotel & Resort Paphos Resort in January 2023 – from Â£399pp
- 7 nights half-board at Leonardo Plaza Cypria Hotel, Paphos, in January 2023 – from Â£330pp
If you’re after a great value break and some sunshine, theÂ Canary IslandsÂ is our top pick, especially for a family holiday.
There are also fewer crowds, so you won’t have to fight for a spot on the beach, and all of the attractions, shops and bars and still open.
- 7 nights all-inclusive at Riu Oliva Beach Resort in Corralejo, Fuerteventura, in January 203 – from Â£484pp
- 7 nights all-inclusive at TUI SUNEO Tamaimo Tropical in Puerto de Santiago, Tenerife, in January 2023 – from Â£499pp
- 7 nights at Coral Compostela Beach Golf in Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife, in January 2023 – from Â£399pp
- 7 nights at Canaima ApartmentsÂ in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria, in January 2023 – from Â£388pp
- 7 nights at Regency Torviscas Apartments and Suites in Costa de Adeje, in January 2023 – from Â£299ppÂ
The Caribbean is a great spot for those who enjoy watersports and snorkelling, as well as long stretches of white sand beaches.
The dry season runs from late November to April, and the average temperature is a little over 30C, and it won’t be too humid either.
- 7 nights all-inclusive at Royal Decameron Club Caribbean in Runaway Bay, Jamaica, in January 2023 – from Â£1,295pp
- 7 nights all-inclusive at Riu Bambu in Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in January 2023 – from Â£1,299ppÂ
- 7 nights all-inclusive at Starfish St Lucia in Rodney Bay, St Lucia, in January 2023 – from Â£1,596pp
- 7 nights all-inclusive at Barbados Beach Club in Maxwell, Barbados, in January – from Â£1,699pp
The small island is close to the Canaries and boasts a subtropical climate, great hiking, delicious seafood and many top-quality resorts to stay in.
Take the kids to visit the whale museum and aquarium or take a cable car ride – and there are many outdoor pools where you can enjoy the sunshine together.
It is among the best destination for winter sun, with average maximum temperatures of a pleasant 21C coupled with about six hours of sunshine.
- 7 nights b&b at TUI BLUE Madeira Gardens in Funchal, Portugal in January 2023 – from Â£339pp
- 7 nights at Dom Pedro MadeiraÂ in Machico, Madeira, in January 2023 – from Â£299pp
January and December are great months to visit Morocco because the temperatures are a lot more pleasant than during the summer when the heat can be too much.
Head to Marrakech or Fes or the seaside resorts of Agadir or Essaouira – most destinations are about a four-hour flight from the UK.
Expect average temperatures of 19-21Â°C, which are perfect for exploring the souks and picturesque streets.
- 7 nights all-inclusive at TUI BLUE Riu Tikida Garden in Marrakech, Morocco in January 2023 – from Â£469pp
If there’s a holiday destination where you can live it up like royalty for a week or so, it’s Dubai – a city with glitz and glamour at every turn.
What was once a relatively small location in the desert is now a metropolis of skyscrapers and fancy bars that attracts celebs and Love Island stars.
The city has something for everyone, including average temperatures between 24 and 26C in winter.
- 4 nights all-inclusive at Riu Dubai in Dubai, UAE in January 2023 – from Â£1,299pp
- 6 nights all-inclusive at Rixos Bab Al Bahr Hotel in Dubai in January 2023 – from Â£1,099ppÂ
- 5 nights all-inclusive at Grand Hyatt Dubai in January 2023 – from Â£999pp
Maldives and MauritiusÂ
Both located in the Indian Ocean, Maldives and Mauritius are known for their beaches, lagoons, reefs and incredible weather.
Thanks to their strategic position, the islands have a tropical climate all year round. Temperatures range from 25 to 31C during the winter months, meaning it shouldn’t be too humid either.
December and January are usually peak seasons and feature about 9 hours of sunshine per day.
- 7 nights all-inclusive at Riu Atoll in the Maldives, in January 2023 – from Â£2,399pp
- 7 nights all-inclusive at Ambre Resort and Spa in Belle Mare, Mauritius, in January 2023 – from Â£1,499pp
- 7 nights all-inclusive at Jalsa Beach Hotel, Mauritius, in January 2023 – from Â£1,102ppÂ
- 7 nights all-inclusive at Sun Island Resort, in the Maldives, in January 2023 –from Â£1,999pp
- 7 nights all-inclusive at Kurumba Maldives in January 2023 – from Â£1,299pp
For a holiday in November, TUI has all-inclusive holidays from Â£55pp a night in sunny destinations.
If you’d rather go on a UK break this year, we found seaside holidaysÂ from Â£7pp a night this autumn and winter.
While Parkdean Resorts has staycations with outdoor swimming pools from Â£15pppn in 2023.