CHRISTMAS is the season to indulge in food and drink, but buying lots of tasty treats can put a strain on finances.
To help ease the burden, we’ve searched for the best food stocking fillers for £5 or under.
These gifts should help put a smile on the foodie in your life without breaking the bank.
We’ve tried to source the cheapest products, but it’s always worth comparing prices before buying in case you can make an extra saving.
All items were in stock when we looked but availability and prices may change.
Finally, it’s worth buying products through cashback sites where you can make a little extra on purchases.
1. Bonds orange and lemon slices – £1.25 (Wilko)
Add these sweets to a stocking for a classic Christmas zingy treat loved by people of all ages.
Buy online or in store from Wilko.
2. Lindt Gold Teddy crispy bites – £2.50 (Lindt)
These yummy chocolate pieces have a biscuit centre and come in really cute packaging.
They are currently on sale on the Lindy website to order online only.
3. Lofbergs Brazil Medium Roast ground coffee – £5 (Tesco)
Everyone has a coffee lover in their life who will appreciate this smooth blend with notes of fudge and hazelnut.
You can pick it up from Tesco, but it’s also available in other supermarkets.
4. Belvoir Farm non-alcoholic lime & Yuzu mojito – £3.95 (Sainsbury’s)
Booze is flowing in the festive season, so give the liver a break with Belvoir Farm’s non-alcoholic mocktails.
Choose from a mojito, martini, bellini and a G&T alternative.
Stocked at Sainsbury’s and other supermarkets.
5. Danish chocolate chip cookies – £3 (Flying Tiger)
Anyone who appreciates a sweet treat with their afternoon tea will appreciate these cookies in their stocking.
We also love the tin, which will make a great biscuit container long after the cookies have all been enjoyed.
Buy online or in-store at Flying Tiger.
6. Spice Pots curry powder – £3.95 (Spice Pots)
If you’ve got a spice fiend in your life, these curry powder pots will make a great stocking filler.
Choose from a range of flavours.
The pots are available direct from Spice Pots, as well as Amazon, Etsy and Not on The High Street.
7. Chocolate pugs with jumpers – £2.49 (Aldi)
A must-have stocking filler for the dog-mad family member or friend, these delicious chocolate pugs in Christmas jumpers are available in Aldi from 1 November.
8. Butlers Blacksticks smooth blue cheese – £2.55 (Sainsbury’s)
What is Christmas without cheese? This pack of blacksticks blue is a fab stocking filler – just remember to keep it refrigerated ahead of time.
Available in several supermarkets, including Sainsbury’s.
9. Cadbury Dairy Milk winter wonderland – £1 (Tesco)
Cadbury has given dairy milk a special festive makeover, making the bars a fab addition to stockings.
Widely available at supermarkets, including Tesco.
10. Haribo tangfastics sweets tube – £1.25 (Morrisons)
Kids and grownups love them – so Haribo will bring a little joy to any stocking.
These special cracker-shaped tubes are available in Morrisons especially for the festive season.
11. Satsumas – £1.35 (Morrisons)
Stick to tradition and make sure you add a delicious little satsuma or orange in stockings.
Widely available in all supermarkets, including Morrisons.
12. Nice wine in a can – £2.65 (Sainsbury’s)
Wine in a can is the ideal size for popping in a stocking.
Choose from Sauvignon Blanc, Pale Rose and Argentinian Malbec.
Widely available at supermarkets, including Sainsbury’s.
13. Kinnerton Peppa Pig milk chocolate treats – £1.50 (Asda)
If you’ve got a Peppa Pig fanatic in your life, they’ll be delighted with these chocolate characters from the hit show.
Only available in Asda.
14. Candy Floss gourmet marshmallows – £4.75 (Joules)
These posh handmade marshmallows are an irresistible little luxury to add to any stocking.
Available online from Joules.
15. Coffee Syrup selection – £4 (Tesco)
Simply add a dash of syrup to coffee or hot chocolate to create an indulgent and Christmassy drink.
Available from Tesco.
16. Christmas pudding popcorn – £4.50 (Popcorn Shed)
Never mind salty or sweet, grab popcorn with a special festive twist to add to stockings.
As well as Christmas pudding, there are other season flavours to choose from, including gingerbread and toasted marshmallow.
Available from Amazon or Popcornshed.com.
17. Candy Kittens gourmet sweets – £1.75 (Sainsbury’s)
Perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth, Candy Kittens come in a range of flavours including Wild Strawberry and Eton Mess.
Packs are widely available but currently on offer at Sainsbury’s for £1.75 a bag.
18. Bosh chilli dip and dish – £5 (Tesco)
This spicy stocking filler comes with chilli dipping sauce, chilli flakes and a ceramic dish – the ideal gift for someone who doesn’t mind a little heat.
Available at Tesco.
19. M&S Christmas spiced tea – £2 (Ocado)
A cup of tea – but make it festive with this spiced brew from M&S.
This pack makes a great little stocking filler for anyone that enjoys their cuppa.
Available in store or delivered through Ocado.
20. Extra Special baked nut mix – £2.50 (Asda)
These delicious nuts are a fab addition to stockings.
The pack has almonds, cashews, hazelnuts and pecans.
Available from Asda.
21. Taste the Difference Christmas chutney – £1.75 (Sainsbury’s)
This luxury apple and pear chutney with sultanas, orange zest and spices is the ideal accompaniment to Christmas cheese platters.
It’s also the perfect size to add to stockings.
Available from Sainsbury’s.
22. Thorntons milk chocolate cheeky elf – £2 (Asda)
Kids will love getting this yummy chocolate elf in their stockings.
Available from Asda.
23. Mackies of Scotland turkey & Stuffing flavour crisps – £1 (Iceland)
The humble crisp has had a Christmas upgrade at Iceland, making it an easy and good value filler for stockings.
Available at Iceland.
24. Christmas Terry’s Segsations – £3.50 (Poundshop.com)
Chocolate aficionados will be in heaven with this assorted pack of Terry’s flavours.
Available at Poundshop.com.
25. Asda Extra Special winter blend roast and ground coffee – £3 (Asda)
Perk-up someone’s Christmas coffee with a festive cup of coffee.
This winter blend pack of coffee is a great filler for any coffee drinker.
Available at Asda only.
We’ve also rounded up the best Christmas stocking fillers for kids below £5.
In Christmas food news, Aldi has revealed its range including loaded pigs in blankets and a Baileys dupe.
/ 3 days ago
The sugar molecule Myo-inositol found in breast milk could be essential for the baby’s...